Student Spotlight: Ramon Santos

There are almost 3,000 students at Pioneer. Which is a lot to get to know so not everyone gets to meet each other. Many of our students have accomplished great things in academics, sports, clubs, and competitions. Meet Ramon who is involved in Pioneer Valley’s FFA.

“Hi my name is Ramon Santos and I’m a junior. I am involved in FFA. Specifically Land and Soil Evaluation.What I like about FFA is the ability to be more hands on and to improve my leadership skills. I’ve been in FFA since junior year started and I regret not joining freshman year.
I’ve been in 3 competitions for land judging. Land and soil evaluation consist of determining the value of the soil and usage of the terrain specifically for cultivation and the construction of building and roads. Soil is the foundation for everything it’s what gives us life.

When I won First place at the Reedley Field Day I was very surprised due to the fact half the competitors including my team have more experience than me. Being the underdog and being able to obtain first place really helps in motivating me for future competitions. Being able to make my Land and Soil advisor Mr.Dickinson proud made me very content.
So far my year has been sensational. This year has taught a lot about what I want to do in the future. I would recommend FFA for anyone who isn’t involved and would like to discover a variety of pathways after high school.”-Ramon Santos (11)