Pioneer Valley High School's Panther Tales

Girl’s Varsity Basketball Battle Overtime in CIF Game

Back to Article
Back to Article

Yesterday night your Varsity Girls basketball team battled the Bakersfield Liberty Patriots in a nail biting point for point CIF game here at home! Our lady Panthers (Co-league champs) had the gym stands filled with staff, students, family and friends as all awaited the main event.

The girls came out strong as they dominated the first quarter only down by one point 22-23. As halftime came near the teams were unstoppable. Leading into the third quarter our girls were determined to win the game, as they came out hungry and dropped bombs from the 3 point line and their defense on point. Fourth quarter approached and both Patriots and panthers were pushing to win. Basket for basket, foul for foul the girls ended the quarter tied 47-47 leaving the girls to battle in overtime. With 4 minutes on the clock the game was anybody’s. Unfortunately our girls fell short and were not able to get the win. They did absolutely amazing! The final score was 59-53 and we are all so proud of our Players! A huge congratulations on your amazing season and making it to CIF! Also and big thank you to the staff and Boosters, refs and coaches who made the game possible! GREAT JOB PLAYERS! 

About the Writer
Mariah Arellano, Editor-in-Chief

Hey there everyone its Mariah! Super excited to be back in action with my right hand Frieennnd Charlotte! I am this years Yearbook Editor-in-Chief! Its...