Scratch Cafe Class

We got an opportunity to spend a class period with the Scratch Café class and got to know some of the students. We learned about their jobs, their favorite foods, and what they look forward to most in the class. We also got to learn  little about the teacher, and here’s what they said:

“My job is delivering and I love my job because I love the people I work with, I get to learn good communication skills by working with others, and I get to meet and interact with different teachers round the campus. My favorite food item that we make is the breakfast burrito because it is a perfect item for breakfast and it sets the mood. During this year I am most looking forward to passing the ServSafe test because it is a good way to get a job in the food industry and it is available for 5 years” -Ahtziri Gonzalez (11) 
“My job is delivering. I like to deliver because I like to meet new people and get out of class. I don’t really like to cook so I prefer to get out of class and deliver to teachers. My favorite item is the coffee cake because it tastes bomb. By the end of the year, I am most looking forward to receiving the sash at graduation” -Daniel Aramis Zacarias(12).

“My job is delivery. I like delivering to the staff because I like to interact with people. I also like to meet and talk to new teachers. My favorite item would be the breakfast burrito because I have always liked burritos. Over this year I am mostly looking forward to meeting new people” -Oskar Ruiz (11).
“My job is the barista boy, making coffee. I like how it gives me experience with making coffee and gives me more skills that are useful in the world because people like coffee. My favorite drink item that we make is the toasted marshmallow coco because it is sweet and delicious. My favorite food item is the breakfast burrito because the egg is fresh and the sausage is juicy. I am looking forward to learning new things in the culinary business and working to cooperate with people” -Rudy Lopez (12).

Mrs. Montanez- “I like how this class gives students the experience of running a business. They learn work skills that can help them get a job or figure out if this is a career path they should take. We are coming out with new foods this year. My hope is figuring out if students want to be involved with it. Soups with dinner rolls and new breakfast items should be coming out this year. The staff help us decide what gets added. But 50 minute classes restrict us a lot because if time” (Ms. Montanez).