Japanese Exchange Students Meet the Panthers

“I’m super excited for the Japanese students to come because I love meeting new people

On November 21, a few Japanese students will be coming to Pioneer Valley High School. They will be visiting our campus for three days. I encourage everyone to go out of their way and introduce themselves to the Japanese students. We should all make them feel welcomed and comfortable here at Pioneer. The Japanese students will be with student council members and will be attending their classrooms to have a different experience.

“I’m super excited for the Japanese students to come because I love meeting new people and we get to know each other. I am going to be showing them where my classes are, where my friends and I hangout, the cafeteria, and all the basic spots they need to know so they don’t get lost on campus. I’m going to treat them very nicely and care for them because they’re probably kind of nervous and scared in an atmosphere they’ve never been too. They’ll be lost for a little bit but I think we’re going to guide them well. I think this is going to be fun and a memorable experience It’ going to be exciting getting to know each other and making each day for them special so they can look back and see how much a good time they had” -Faith Gonzales (12)
“I’m really excited that the Japanese students are coming because last year we had such a fun time with them. It’s going to be even better this time. I’m going to show them all of my classes, different buildings and the new performing arts center. I’m going to treat them very nicely and hopefully they find our hospitality good! I think it’s going to be a good experience to break language barriers and to learn new things about our culture and their culture” -Savannah Smith (12)
“I’m very excited for them to come to our school. I will be showing them what happens around school like clubs and what is fun to do at our school. I’m going to treat them with kindness. This is going to be a good experience for me and them because we would both getting the experience of meeting new people and learning new stuff about each other’s cultures” -Britney Cuellar (12)
“I am super excited about the Japanese exchange students coming this year. It was a very fun experience last year and I know this year will be just as fun. I excited to show them our campus, most especially the New Performing Arts Center. I hope they are excited as much as I am so we do some fun activities and hang out the way I hang out with my friends. I hope they enjoy being in my classes and seeing how we learn. I believe it will be a great experience for them because they can learn about American culture and how our school is. I am excited to learn more about their culture and how they learn” -Michael Lainez (12)
” I loved every second of it last year and I feel like I’m more prepared and confident this year. I plan on showing them the ag department, a couple Spanish and English classrooms just to give them a little taste of my culture. I’m hoping that they are not too shy so I can just vibe with them and treat them how I would treat anyone of my friends. I think this is going to be an amazing experience because they get to see and experience the American culture and same for us we get to know about theirs” -Emily Esparza (12)