Senior Boys Excited for Football?

Football season is finally here and I think I can speak for all of us that it’s the most exciting part of high school, which means it’s time to show our school spirit! Our senior boys who play on the varsity team are very excited to be representing our school. Please come and show your support towards the varsity team this Friday, August 24th, at St. Joseph’s high school at 7 p.m. See you there!

Questions asked:

1 . How do you feel about your last year playing football for PV?
2. How long have you been playing football for PV?
3. How do you feel about this year’s varsity football team?

1. “Honestly it’s crazy that time flies so quickly. Being on varsity since my sophomore year, I’ve seen different types of playing styles from both the coaches and players. I’ve had role models and players I can look up to, but now it’s my turn to be a role model and I’m so ready for the challenge.”
2. “I’ve been playing for PV all four years, but it’s my third year playing on varsity.”
3. “Our football team this year is solid. We’ve worked harder this year than any other year and we are ready for the season to start. We have one of the best chances out of any football team PV has had to win League. With the key guys we have; Bourbon #3, Adrian #2, Jayson #10, and myself #6, I believe we can win league and go to CIF.” – Steven Fuerte (12)
1. “It’s honestly been fun, especially with everyone that’s on the team. I’m definitely going to miss my brothers after this year.”
2. “I’ve been playing football all four years, Freshmen to Senior year.”
3. “This year, I feel like we’re going to do really good. We have lots of weapons and we’re all feeling great about this season. We definitely are all going to work really hard and want nothing but wins and a league title.” – Andrew Gutierrez (12)
1. “I just feel like I have to do whatever it takes to help make this year’s team go to CIF and win league champs because we have a good chance to do so.”
2. “I’ve been playing for about 6 years now, counting school football.”
3. “This year, varsity has a lot of great talents. Especially with our offensive line and how big they are. I feel really confident about this team.” – Brandon Ibarra (12)
1. “It’s a bitter sweet moment, knowing it’s my last year playing. You want to make sure to make your last year the best year & memorable as well.”
2. “I’ve been playing for varsity all four years.”
3. “I think that we are looking really good this year. We show a lot of promise and our team bond is really tight.” – Michael Bourbon (12)
1. “Well technically this is my first year playing football for PV, and I’ve started to enjoy playing this sport. I’ve made a lot of new friends and I am ready to get this season started with a win over at St. Joseph home this Friday August 23 at 7.”
2. “I barely started to play for PV, it’s my last and first year.”
3. “I feel that our Varsity team has what it takes to make CIF and hopefully win it all. There are things we all have to improve on, but everyone contributes to their job and that’s what makes a good team. Everyone has a positive attitude and everyone is hungry for some wins this season.” – Vincent Johnson (12)
1. “I feel sad, but I’m hyped up because it’s my last year playing football for PV. It’s been so much fun getting close and meeting people.”
2. “I’ve been playing for all 4 years, all on varsity.”
3. “I feel like this years varsity team is going to be very good because we have a lot of talent and potential. We need to bring all we have out on the field in order to be successful and go out far in this year’s season.” – Edgar Zacarias(12)
1. “I feel like I have to give it my all this year. I also have to make it very memorable for my last year of high school.”
2. “ This is my fourth year playing football for PV.”
3. “ This year’s football team is good and I feel like we’re going to have great last year.” – Gabriel Romero (12)
1. “Knowing this is my last year playing sucks because I won’t have those fun practices with my teammates anymore. Knowing it’s my last year playing I have to try my best and hardest in games.”
2. “This year is going to be my last year playing football, I started playing my freshman year.”
3. “I feel like this years team is good, our offensive line is bigger this year than last year’s. We have a better bond as a team which is making us better. I personally think that we have a chance to win the League Championship this year.” – Edwin Romero (12)
1. “I feel excited and sad knowing it’s my last year playing the sport that I love. I’m going to be playing my heart out on the field every game this year.”
2. “ I’ve been playing football since freshman year till right now, my senior year.”
3. “This year’s varsity team is the best group of guys that I’ve ever played with because we simply just get along really great. I feel like this year we can win League.” – Jayson Garcia (12) (Holding the football)